Vino Coach: 12 months a year!
What is it?
Vino Coach Tours are fun and informative! A knowledgeable and friendly tour guide will escort you on a clean and comfortable 14 passenger "Vino Coach". You will learn all about Southwest Michigan's grape and wine industry (plus a little more) from an expert. Sit back, relax in comfort, and enjoy your stress free day!
What should we expect?
Every tour will visit 4 unique wineries and have a lunch stop.
You will join others who are looking to have a good time as well, so be prepared to socialize! We normally limit tours to 14 people max. You will have time for wine tasting, guided cellar tours, gift shopping, and to sit down and relax a bit. DO NOT EXPECT A BOOZE CRUISE, IF THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, CALL SOMEONE ELSE.
Where do we get picked up at?
Our New Buffalo pick up locations are:
- Marina Grand, New Buffalo (11:30)
- Amtrak station, New Buffalo (11:35)
- 226 N. Whittaker; Downtown, near the Harbor Grand Hotel, shops and restaurants. Lots of parking
- Holiday Inn Express, New Buffalo (11:45)
- Within walking distance of Fairfield and Comfort Suites
Our St Joseph pick up locations are:
- Comfort Suites Stevensville (11:30)
- Within walking distance of Baymont Inn and Candlewood Suites
- Holiday Inn Express, St. Joseph (11:40)
- St. Joseph Today Visitor Center (11:50)
- Downtown, near the Boulevard Hotel, Silver Beach Hotel, shops, restaurants, and Silver Beach!
- Inn at Harbor Shores, St. Joseph (12:00)
If you reserve all 14 seats, we can pick you up anywhere in S.W. Michigan at 11:30
How long of a day is it?
The Tour starts around 11:30 (exact pick up time will be listed in your confirmation email), and we usually return sometime between 5:00 and 6:30 depending on the size of the group and how busy the wineries are.
Which Wineries will we visit?
The itinerary varies periodically based on customer feedback and winery events.
However, for 2016 the lineup will often be as follows:
St. Joseph Vino Coach--
Vineyard 2121 (Lunch will normally be here)
Gravity (Sat) / Karma Vista (Sun-Fri)
Round Barn (Sat) / Contessa (Sun-Fri)
New Buffalo Vino Coach--
Public House micro-brewery (Lunch stop)
Round Barn (Sat) / Baroda Founders (Sun-Fri)
***The itinerary's may be changed at our discretion.
What’s included in the Tour Fee?
- Pick up locations throughout New Buffalo and St. Joseph
- A stress free day-- No maps, gps, or arguments
- Transportation on a comfortable coach bus
- An awesome Tour Guide who will teach you all about grape growing and wine making
- Tasting fees at all the wineries
What’s not included in the Tour Fee?
- Lunch is paid for on your own, plan on somewhere between $5 and $15 per person. We normally have lunch at a winery, micro-brewery, or non-chain cafe.
- Tour Guide gratuity…it’s not required, but definitely appreciated!!!