Wine O Wagon: April - November
What is it?
Wine-O-Wagon tours are perfect for those who want to be in the fresh air! A comfortable shuttle bus will pick you up at your chosen pick up location and take you to meet the Wine-O-Wagon at the first winery. From there you will travel to three more wineries and a stop for lunch on a cool wagon that has cushion seats, a roof to shade you from the hot sun, and a cooler full of ice water. At the end of the day, a shuttle bus will transport you and your wine back to where you started.
What should we expect?
Every tour will visit 4 unique wineries and have a lunch stop.
You will join others who are looking to have a good time as well, so be prepared to socialize! We normally limit tours to 14 people max. You will have time for wine tasting, guided cellar tours, gift shopping, and to sit down and relax a bit. You will be outside most of the day, so dress according to weather forecasts! DO NOT EXPECT A BOOZE CRUISE, IF THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, CALL SOMEONE ELSE.
Where do we get picked up at?Our New Buffalo pick up locations are:
- Marina Grand, New Buffalo (10:00)
- Amtrak station, New Buffalo (10:05)
- 226 N. Whittaker; Downtown, near the Harbor Grand Hotel, shops and restaurants. Lots of parking
- Holiday Inn Express, New Buffalo (10:15)
- Within walking distance of Fairfield and Comfort Suites
- Inn at Harbor Shores, St. Joseph (10:00)
- St. Joseph Today Visitor Center (10:10)
- Downtown, near the Boulevard Hotel, Silver Beach Hotel, shops, restaurants, and Silver Beach!
- Holiday Inn Express, St. Joseph (10:20)
- Comfort Suites Stevensville (10:30)
- Within walking distance of Baymont Inn and Candlewood Suites
How long of a day is it?
The Tour starts around 10:15 (exact pick up time will be listed in your confirmation email), and we usually return sometime between 4:00 and 5:30 depending on the size of the group and how busy the wineries are.
Which Wineries will we visit?
The itinerary varies periodically based on customer feedback and winery events.
However, for 2016 the line up will often be as follows:
St. Joseph Wine O Wagon--
Round Barn (Lunch is available here)
New Buffalo Wine O Wagon--
Public House micro-brewery (Lunch stop)
Hickory CreekRound Barn
***The itinerary's may be changed at our discretion.
What’s included in the Tour Fee?
- Pick up locations throughout New Buffalo and St. Joseph
- A stress free day-- No maps, gps, or arguments
- Transportation to and from your hotel/pick up location to wine country on a comfortable coach bus
- An awesome Tour Guide who will teach you all about grape growing and wine making
- Tasting fees at all the wineries
What is not included in the Tour Fee?
- Lunch is paid for on your own, plan on somewhere between $5 and $15 per person. We normally have lunch at a winery, micro-brewery, or non-chain cafe.
- Tour Guide gratuity…it’s not required, but definitely appreciated!!!
What is your cancellation policy?
We hope you never need to cancel, but if you do, a refund will be given up until 30 days from your tour. Within 30 days of your tour, NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. The tour is only canceled in dangerous weather, in which case you will receive a full refund. Rain does not stop us!